10 Ways to Avoid Answering a Question
1. No comment.
2. I’m not at liberty to say.
(= I don’t have permission to give the information)
3. Wait and see.
(= you will discover the answer later)
4. Let me get back to you.
(= I will give you the answer later)
5. I’m sorry, that’s confidential.
6. I’m sorry, that’s personal.
7. I’d rather not talk about it.
8. It’s none of your business.
9. Mind your own business.
10. Why do you want to know?
#8 and #9 are rather rude – telling the other person to stop inquiring about your life